Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No rest for the weary....

Wow! This week has been crazy busy so far and it's only Tuesday. From trying to regroup after my wedding venue search in New Orleans with my mom this past weekend, to trying to make up for two days of lost time with Hudson, to trying to pick up after Hurricane Jonathan Anderson that happened at my house when i was gone, i'm pooped! Can a girl get a nap asap please??!! (Or maybe just a full ten uninterrupted minutes in the tub would be nice.)




Work as usual has kicked my butt as well, both figuratively and literally. (That table in the break room has GOT to go before my whole leg is black and blue!)

I've found myself taking the "easy" way out of a lot of things lately. For example-picking up fast food for dinner, hiding that hamper full of clothes that need to be folded in the closet, tossing my hair up in a ponytail and not ironing my pants..... (who has time for that anyways?!?!) It's made me realize that ive gotten away from who i really am and i'm determined for it to change. Lazy people normally make me angry, and i feel like i'm turning into one. (How that is even possible i dont know, because i never stop moving, but it's just this nagging voice in my head that i need to get rid of.)

I've GOT to get away from things that are bad for me and laziness is definitely one of them. Others- red bull, coffee, wine.....chips and dip, cookies....just bad food in general. I dont remember the last time i felt PERFECTLY healthy/well rested when i woke up in the morning. (probably pre-pregnancy, because lets face it-moms rarely get the time to care about themselves anymore)

Im determined to figure out how to start running again-i miss it so much, but cant ever find a time slot where Im completely free of mommy duties. And yes, i know there are jogging strollers, but i am so hesitant to bring my child out in this heat for long amounts of time. Maybe i will just have to resort to our treadmill.....gag.

It's also time to really start paying attention at the grocery store. Not only because i have a wedding dress to get into within the next year, but also for the health of my entire family. Any super healthy/fast/easy meal suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sometimes it seems like eating healthy takes up way too many brain cells....not to mention a huge chunk out of my bank account.

Long story short, my main goal is just to take care of myself more in the future. Everyone else in my household gets all of my attention , (and i love giving it to them), its just time to focus on Candace every now and then. Here's hoping! :)

xoxo
Candace

1 comment:

  1. You so need to read Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield! It's great!

    ReplyDelete