Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A letter to be thankful for.

Dear Hudson,

Its November, and Thanksgiving is upon us. The leaves are falling, the air is getting cooler, and you, my sweet baby, are growing so fast.

I've seen plenty of people talking about the things they are thankful for. Every day on Facebook people post about their families, their health, their jobs...everything that brings light into their life. (One day when you're older, ask me about Facebook. It may even still be around....if so, Mommy may need to delete some pictures of her that would warrant a time out.) I haven't jumped on the "thankful status" bandwagon, because I'm pretty sure every status would be about your sweet face, and lets face it....It would be no different than any other day, because you're all i ever talk about anyways.

The past few weeks you have turned into such a little ham. Everything you see makes you smile or laugh, and you try so hard to tell me about it every time! You tell me "hey!" when i walk into a room, or "oh!" when something startles you, and "no!" to...well, pretty much everything. One day soon i will finally get you to say the three words I've waited to hear since the day you were born..." i love you mommy!" What a day that will be!!! I've heard parents say that once their babies start talking they wish they had more quiet time, but honestly, you can keep saying whatever you want, because your little voice makes my heart smile every time i hear it. That, to me, is more precious than five minutes alone with a book.

Your fascination with the world around you has taught me to appreciate every little thing i hear or see everyday. The wind blowing in my face, the warmth of your hand when i hold it, the smell of the roses in our flower garden...all of it makes me feel more alive. I'm thankful for the moments when i get to watch your eyes as you observe Hercules running through the grass, and the sight of your teeny wobbly legs running after him makes me giggle. I'm thankful for the moments when you stick your little tongue out when you are concentrating on sticking your leggos together, or the way you clap your hands when you hear daddy yelling at the football game on tv. Even though you seem to like to throw fits lately, I'm thankful that you stand up for yourself already, along with showing me that even an innocent baby can have a "bad day." (Even though Mommy tells everyone you are perfect...because duh, you are!)  I'm thankful for the way your tiny little arms wrap around my neck, giving me the most comforting hug I've ever had in my life. I'm thankful for every single day because of you. No matter how bad of a day I'm having, just the thought of your smiling face perks me right back up. How lucky am i?!

You make me want to be a better person every day of my life. You have given me everything i need to survive, to be happy, to be thankful for. You have given me hope, faith, knowledge, strength, and graced me with more patience than i ever knew was possible. You have given me laughter, tears, and trusted me with all of your tiny little heart. You are the reason i am who i am today, and for that, i am forever thankful.

Thank you, my sweet Hudson, for being the light my life. Mommy will always, ALWAYS, be thankful that i have you.

I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo
Mommy

P.S- To everyone else, Happy Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment